LICENSED CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER - full-time (salaried)
Posted 3/18/2022 – UPDATED 4.26.2022
To apply, send your resume and three professional references to Info@UrbanAutismSolutions.com with “LPC” in the subject line.
For 10 years, Urban Autism Solutions has been dedicated to changing outcomes for young adults with autism through an integrated community life that advances social and vocational opportunities.
The UAS West Side Transition Academy was created to benefit transition-aged West Side Chicago public high school students, who typically do not have the resources their counterparts in other parts of the city or suburbs have as part of their transition-to-adult life experience. It is anticipated that during the fall of 2022, UAS will conduct assessments on participants from new high school(s) and build upon skills previously practiced during the prior school year with our returning schools and partners. UAS serves students from West Side CPS transition schools or transition programs
Domains include but are not limited to: accessing community-based services, vocational interests, independence and self-determination.
Throughout our instruction at the UAS Academy, our goal is to promote programming that prioritizes social- emotional learning along with communication, social thinking and social skill development. We integrate experiences that include independent living skills, vocational exploration with job shadows and internships. Additional emphasis is placed on connections to adult agencies that provide services for individuals with autism and I/DD as well as other community programs in Chicago. Our classes are delivered at 1220 W. Lexington Street, the home base for the UAS Academy.
Our licensed professional counselor will be located at the UAS Academy and work alongside our UAS Academy and residential staff located in Little Italy and at UAS' Growing Solutions Farm (2200 W. Campbell Park Drive.) The primary focus will include activities at the UAS Academy as well as in residential sites.
It is anticipated that this position would supervise social work graduate students from UIC and U Chicago. Supervision would be provided according to the requirements outlined for first and second year students. Our social worker would provide mentoring, and supervision while implementing best practices with the supervisees. Graduate students are expected to manage and learn to operate basic technology utilized in this program including smart boards, computers and Chrome Books as well as simple A/V systems to enhance classroom instruction.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Implement our well-developed curriculum for individuals and small groups to address social-emotional learning
● Assist with intakes and discharges while prioritizing student needs and groups
● Assist the UAS Academy coordinator with scheduling SEL programs and community based programs
● Documentation of individual and group sessions using the UAS Otus system
● Attend UAS weekly staff meetings and other clinical meetings related to student and resident performance
● Other duties as assigned
● Graduate degree in social work and valid State of Illinois LCP
● Highly motivated self-starter who has at least three years experience managing, training and supervising graduate students
● Highly collaborative and able to work in a fast-paced environment
● Ability to work independently and supervise graduate students
● Excellent listening and instructional skills, patience, emotional intelligence
● Proficiency with Google Suite
● Must be able to pass a background check and have a valid driver's license
● Able to work with a diverse population
Physical presence at the UAS Academy/Growing Solutions Farm is essential to this role. Collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being enhance company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, clients, and communities, UAS policy requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation.