Position: Licensed Clinical Social Worker / Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: In-Person (60607)
For 10 years, Urban Autism Solutions (UAS) has been dedicated to changing outcomes for young adults with autism through an integrated community life that advances social and vocational opportunities. Learn more about us here.
The UAS West Side Transition Academy was created to benefit transition-aged (16 -22 years) West Side Chicago Public High School students, who typically do not have the resources their counterparts in other parts of the city or suburbs have as part of their transition-to-adult life experience.
Our team of clinicians deliver services individually and in small and medium sized groups that prioritize Social-Emotional Learning along with Communication, Social Thinking and some Social Skill development. We integrate experiences that include Independent Living Skills, Vocational Exploration with Job Shadows and Internships. Additional emphasis is placed on connecting students to other community programs in Chicago. Our classes are delivered to visiting students at 1220 W. Lexington Street, the home base for the UAS Academy.
Our social worker will serve as the mental health team lead with our clinical team of Speech Pathologists, BCBAs, Occupational Therapists and other specialists and work alongside our residential and farm staff located in Little Italy and the UAS Growing Solutions Farm site at (2200 W. Campbell Park Drive.) The primary focus will include activities at the UAS Academy as well as in UAS leased residential sites located within walking distance of the UAS Academy. It is anticipated that this position would supervise one graduate student from the field of Social Work.
Primary responsibilities include:
● Implement our well-developed curriculum for individuals and small groups to address social-emotional learning and provide individualized care when scheduled; add to our curriculum when indicated.
● Lead small groups or individuals in community based activities and experiences that include work and internship opportunities and provide individual counseling to students and residential clients.
● Assist with intakes and discharges while prioritizing student needs and groups.
● Assist the UAS Academy program manager with scheduling based on priorities and school availability.
● Documentation of individual and group sessions using the UAS Otus system.
Physical presence at the UAS worksite or a physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which UAS deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being, and enhances company culture.
Compensation and Benefits: Highly competitive based on experience and qualifications. LCSW supervision is available.
Please send a resume and cover letter to : firstname.lastname@example.org