LICENSED PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR - full-time (salaried)
ABOUT US: For 10 years, Urban Autism Solutions has been dedicated to changing outcomes for young adults with autism through an integrated community life that advances social and vocational opportunities.
The UAS West Side Transition Academy was created to benefit transition-aged West Side Chicago public high school students, who typically do not have the resources their counterparts in other parts of the city or suburbs have as part of their transition-to-adult life experience. It is anticipated that during the fall of 2022, UAS will conduct assessments on participants from new high school(s) and build upon skills previously practiced during the prior school year with our returning schools and partners. UAS serves students from West Side Chicago public school transition schools or transition programs.
Throughout our instruction at the UAS Academy, our goal is to promote programming that prioritizes social-emotional learning along with communication, social thinking and social skill development. We integrate experiences that include independent living skills, vocational exploration with job shadows and internships. Additional emphasis is placed on connections to adult agencies that provide services for individuals with autism and I/DD as well as other community programs in Chicago. Our classes are delivered at 1220 W. Lexington Street, the home base for the UAS Academy.
Our licensed professional counselor will be located at the UAS Academy and work alongside our UAS Academy and residential staff located in Little Italy and at UAS' Growing Solutions Farm (2200 W. Campbell Park Drive). The primary focus will include activities at the UAS Academy as well as in residential sites.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Implement our well-developed curriculum for individuals and small groups to address social-emotional learning and provide individualized care when scheduled. Work to add to our curriculum when indicated
● Assist with intakes and discharges while prioritizing student needs and groups
● Assist the UAS Academy coordinator with scheduling SEL programs and community-based programs
● Documentation of individual and group sessions using the UAS Otus system
● Attend UAS weekly staff meetings and other clinical meetings related to student and resident performance
● Other duties as assigned
● Valid State of Illinois LPC
● Highly motivated self-starter who has a strong interest in providing community-based services to underserved youth
● Highly collaborative and able to work in a fast-paced environment
● Ability to work independently but also work with a clinical team to share and combine expertise
● Excellent listening and instructional skills, patience, emotional intelligence
● Proficiency with Google Suite
● Must be able to pass a background check
● Able to work with a diverse population
Although some classes are delivered virtually, physical presence at the UAS Academy/Growing Solutions Farm is essential to this role. Collaboration, innovation, productivity and employee well-being enhance company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, clients, and communities, UAS policy requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation.
Candidates interested in this position should send an email to Info@UrbanAutismSolutions.com with the subject line “LPC” and include a resume and three professional references.